News & Events 2017
- The Scottish Masters - 21st of April 2018
Well done to Claire Canning, Willie Hempel and Roland Hempel for representing the club
- Tralee Maters March 2018
ell done to everyone who representing the club at Trelee, they brought back 32 Gold, 14 Silver, 12 Bronze and for the relays 3 Gold and 1 Silver. Excellent Result CMSC!
- SWSC Masters Gala
Although Cork Masters SC had only 14 swimmers representing at the SWSC Masters gala on Saturday they underlined one fact - quality matters.
Taking a fine haul of medals 38 Gold, 7 Silver and 7 Bronze they have done themselves and the club proud. Well done to you all and it shows that CMSC swimmers are putting in the work in training and delivering with fine performances. Results available here;
- Cork Masters SC was represented at the Mallow gala by a group of 11 swimmers on the day, lower than in previous years. However that didn't stop them from delivering some excellent performances on the day. In total the team took home a total of 32 medals, 17 Gold, 8, Silver, 4 Bronze and 3 silver in the relays. This is fantastic work folks, a credit to CMSC and I hope you are proud of your individual and team performances. Mallow masters SC were wonderful hosts, there was a great atmosphere and plenty of treats to replenish the sugar levels Thanks to Martin for attending on the day - recording times, splits and providing insights and feedback were invaluable. Thanks also to Marc for the preparation work in advance. It's working because there are another 9 PB's to get updated on the CMSC Roll of Honour Results available here ;
- Thanks to all the CMSC volunteers who helped out on the Cork Rebel Swim Event on Sunday 3rd December. www.corkrebelswim.ie
- Celtic Irish Open SC NAC Dublin
Medals of all shades and plenty of PB's swam on the day, well done to the participants. Great performances and a flying start to the year - setting a great example. Results click here
- Gala details 2017/ 2018 are available here: https://irishmastersswimming.wordpress.com/upcoming-galas/
- World Masters Budapest - Well done to Jane Jolly who represented Cork Masters in the World Masters in Budapest. The 3k Open Water was held in Lake Balaton,Jane finished 10th in the 60-64 Age Group, and was the fastest of the women born in 1954.
- Channel Relay - Congratulations to Audrey on her success with the LastMinute.com channel relay team in a time of 14 hours 51 minutes for the five swimmers. Well done, Audrey
- Monkstown Triathalon - Congratulations to Aisling Rochford, first female in the 20-34 category and Eleanor Fennessy fourth overall at the recent
- DOCK2DOCK RACE Saturday 29th July 2017 - Well done to Audrey 11.6km swim great achievement.
- Courtmacsherry Lifeboat Swim, July 29th - Well done to Karen's 1st skins swim and she won. Becky's and Clare's 1st open water swim, Marion's 1st RNLI swim and to John and Ciaran just another swim
- Sober Lane - June 2017
- Great Night Out in Sober Lane, Finger food, Spot Prizes, DJ and Sunshine
- Channel Relay: Congratulations to Audrey on her success with the LastMinute.com channel relay team in a time of 14 hours 51 minutes for the five swimmers. Well done, Audrey!
- Monkstown Triathalon: Congratulations to Aisling Rochford, first female in the 20-34 category and Eleanor Fennessy fourth overall at the recent
- Ironman 70.3 in Switzerland: Respect to Claire Canning for taking on the Ironman 70.3 in Switzerland. Great to see great performances from club members, well done.
- Kingdom Masters Gala 22nd April 2017
- 16 represented CMSC, making their mark between records, PBs, relay wins and medal haul. More info here
- Irish Long Course Master Championships 3rd & 4th March 2017
Congratulations to the swimmers who represented Cork Masters at the Limerick LC gala recently. We had 5 personal best swims and the club took home, 9 Gold, 7 Silver and 5 Bronze. No mean feat for a small group, well done. In the relay swims they were just as impressive with gold in the men's 4x100 F/C, silver in both mixed F/C and medley relays. Many excellent first time swims also, you all should be rightly proud. Results
- Sundays Well Gala 11th February 2017. The buzz was great. Congratulations to all Swimmers.
We were well represented with 25 swimmers participating in multiple swims on the day achieving great results. Full report here.
- AGM was held on Friday 3rd February 2017. Congrats to the newly elected committee members and huge thanks to the outgoing members for all their hardwork.
- New Club Gear is available here: http://www.4orm.ie/cork-masters/
News & Events 2016
- Mallow Gala- 26 Nov 2016
Thanks to everyone who represented their club and again I was proud to be associated with CMSC with all our swimmers performing well. Click here fo r results
- Mallorca Open, Palma April 2016
Big congratulations to the Brenda Ryan, Jane Jolly, Katherine Mahon and Mary Brickley who proudly represented CMSC internationally.
- CMSC AGM, Feb 12th @ the Imperial hotel. 20:00hrs
- Irish Open Long Course Championships 4th & 5th March 2016 - UL Sports Arena, University of Limerick
- Sundays Well Gala Saturday 20th Feb - Gus Healy Pool, Douglas Cork
News & Events 2015
- Mallow Gala - December 2015
Thanks to all our members who attended the Mallow masters gala. It was a great day with some fantastic swims and well done to everyone! It also looks like we have a new relay dream team that has the boys worried!! ----well done to Claire, Karen, Emer, Aishling winning all golds. Also, well done to our first timers who did great and off course the regulars, Terry needed help with all his golds! Thanks to Martin for his advice on the day.Unfortunately we did not win BEST CLUB, this went to Limerick masters who had a big gang with them. Cork Masters will win next year as i know ye are all going to mallow...so put it in your calendar now…3rd Dec 2016 Mallow Masters Results
- An Epic 27km Swim from Ballycotton to Ardmore - August 2015
Well Done To Carmel Collins on her epic 27k Swim From Ballycotton Harbour, Co. Cork, to the pier At Ardmore, Co. Waterford. In a time of 11.37:55 she Set off at 4.14 Am and had to deal with unknown waters including the currents of Youghal Bay, which were a real challenge..Cable Island took a while to passand Ram's Head took a while to reach. Fair play Carmel great achievement.
- Kinsale Regatte swim around Sandycove Island - 8th of August, 2015. Well Done to Sarah Louise Mc Sweeney came first in the woman's category in the Kinsale Regatte swim around Sandycove Island it was rough. Another Masters Swimmer did us proud Sean Nicholson came third in the men's category.
- Bosphorus Swim From Europe To Asia - July 2015
Congratulations to Jane Jolly on completing The Bosphorus Swim, 6.5km swim from Turkey to Asia. She swam a strong race and finished in a time of 1 hour 26:51mins and finished overall 307 out of 1,832 swimmers who finished the race, and won her Age Group (60-69). The water was lovely and clean, and warm so no wetsuits needed! The conditions were tricky with varied currents and there was quite a chop in the centre of the channel which made it difficult to spot our markers.
- Swim Ireland Championship's Tralee, Co Kerry - April 201
- We had a bloody great day, all our swimmers doing us proud, we wont mention the 1 or 2 DQ's!. The dream team (Rob, Sean G, Sean Nic, Paul), did great, winning the very competitive 100+ FC relay and putting CMSC where it belongs. All our relays did a brilliant job, from 100+ to the inspiring 200+ and off course grabbing gold. Results click here Team Results click here
- Limerick Irish Open Long Course Championships - 2015
There was a great weekend of swimming at the Irish Open Long Course Masters Championship Gala on the 6th and 7th of March. In excess of 330 swimmers gathered in the UL arena over the weekend to partake in the event. Swimming commenced on Friday evening with 51 competitors in the 1500m freestyle. Results click here
- Sundays Well Gala - 14th of Feb 2015
Great turn out for the Sundays Well Gala lots of P.B's and good craic! We will be back fitter and faster to win the Cannon next year!!! we're on your toes Sandycove! Results click here
- Ice Mile Wicklow - 14th of Feb 2015
- Well done to Carmel Collins winning in the Ice Mile Co.Wicklow this morning. The fastest woman great achievement. Congratulations Carmel!